Candidate for Common Council Ward 3
Since taking office in 2018 as Councilor for Oneida’s Ward 3, it has been my privilege to serve you and all the citizens of Oneida. Now I am asking for your help by voting to return me as your Councilor on Election Day, November 5, 2019.
Highlights & Successes so far in 2018-19
The most important thing any elected official can do is to hear the concerns of citizens. I can say that all of the concerns I have heard of or received e-mails about have received a prompt and thoughtful response from me. Whenever I could get a successful outcome, I have done so. Those concerns that were beyond my control received a response after thorough research and consideration.
I am proud to have been part of the Common Council which has succeeded in:
- Putting effective City departments’ leaders in place to provide essential services.
- Researched, attended extensive working sessions, and passed 2018 & 2019 City budgets which resulted in only necessary nominal tax increases.
- Incorporated Ward 3 concerns into the latest budget to include an engineering study of the Mini-Brook, street and sidewalk repairs, and green street light initiatives.
My Priorities for 2019-2020
I am seeking a second term on the Common Council because there remains much to be done. Among the projects I would to move forward:
- Advance community friendly use of the Oneida Flats including possible community gardens, a dog park, and recreational fields.
- Help advance the new Oneida Public Library, supporting expanded use of the Kallet Civic Center, assisting in the completion of the Rail Trail.
- Supporting worthy economic developments such as the commercial greenhouse project and attracting new businesses to our community.
The Future & Ward 3
I will continue to use the following to inform my decision making as a Councilor: What is the best for most of the people in Ward 3? How can the quality of life for our city residents be improved? and How best can essential common services be provided in our city?
I welcome your ideas & suggestions. My phone number and email are below (cleverly visible to a human but invisible to a spam robot).
Be sure to visit my campaign Facebook page: www.facebook.com/JimCforWard3
Let your voice be heard by voting for the candidate of your choice on November 5th .